Monday, March 28, 2011

March 27, 2011.

Aloha!
How is everyone? I am doing well here. This week we had specialized training in Barrie on Wednesday and Thursday. It was kind of like the leadership conferences I have talked about in the past. We were taught from on high about how to help our investigators and how to become better missionaries. Missions are so great because they really do prepare you for the eternities. There will always be more to learn, but I am grateful for what I have learned am currently learning.
We taught a new investigator this week named Harjit. Her family is Sikh and she is from India. She wasn't able to come to church on Sunday but she is really great. She wants to learn about Jesus Christ and when we asked her if she would follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptized, she said "Yes, I'll follow." We didn't meet with Paige or Kelly last week but we will this week. Kelly came to church but there are a lot of issues going on with her family right now and it is making it difficult to teach.
General Conference is this week!!!!!!!!!!!! That is SO exciting! Do you want to know what else is way exciting?!?! I get to go to the temple this Friday for the first time since I've been on my mission in Canada! It has always worked out before that during temple trips, I was in areas too far away to go. I am so grateful for the temple, the Lord's House, the place of peace and rest. It means everything to me. I invite all of you who are able to go to the temple this week in preparation of hearing our beloved prophet, President Thomas S. Monson. I know that this will change your experience of watching General Conference.
I love you all and pray that you have a wonderful week. I am excited to hear about your favorite parts of conference, the temple, and your neat missionary experiences!
Love,
Sister Barton :)

No comments:

Post a Comment