Monday, February 28, 2011

February 28, 2011.

Is it really almost March!?!?!?!

That is so strange. This year is flying by. Well, biggest news first. We got transfer calls last night and Sister Brack and I will be staying in Brampton and serving in a triple with Sister Worley! I am SO excited. I love Sister Worley. She's really funny and a great missionary. I have a feeling this area is going to explode and the work will be so great this transfer. Sister Worley started her mission here in Brampton last February so she knows the ins and outs of the city ;)

One of the highlights of my week was going with some members to a place called Akita Sushi (a member signed up to feed us and because she is YSA, we went out to eat). It was the neatest place. We sat at our table and it was all you can eat. You pay a flat fee and they only other thing you have to pay for is if you don't finish some of your food, you pay for what you didn't eat. But with six of us, we all ate everything and it was so fun. I will admit, I did eat a fried shrimp AND a sweet potato sushi (remember, I do not like seafood at all). The shrimp wasn't too bad, dipped in the sauce and with all the fried stuff on it :). The sushi, however, is another story. I put the whole thing in my mouth and I struggled to eat it because I almost threw up. All of the girls I were with were saying "you can spit it out, don't torture yourself." I think it's an accomplishment! Haha. We ate ice cream and fried bananas for dessert. It was so fun. I hope there are places like that in Utah when I get home.

We got a call a few days ago from the secretary in the stake Relief Society Presidency. She asked us to have a display at a multi-faith conference this coming weekend called "Preserving the sanctity of marriage according to my faith." There will be muslims, buddhists, and all sorts of different religious women there. It will be a really neat experience and I will for sure attach pictures next week.

Paige came to church yesterday!!!! Wahoo! Also, after church, there were THREE baptisms, which apparently is the most this ward has ever had at once. I sang a duet of "I Know That My Redeemer Lives" with a friend from the ward and the Spirit was strong. Paige was there for the baptisms too and she told her friend Jacq (a member in the ward) that she wants to be baptized even more now! We will be teaching her on Wednesday and hope to set her for a baptismal date so she can begin to receive all of the wonderful blessings Father has to give her :). I am so happy for her.

I started the Book of Mormon over and have been reading quickly, marking all the references to Christ, God, Lord, etc. In just a few days, I was already into 2 Nephi and now I am on page 86 or something like that. It is really neat to read it, focusing on Christ and His many names. After I finish it this time, then I will go through again, marking all of the commandments, then the blessings. I don't know how I was so blessed to be born at this time in the world where we have such truth, but I will be forever grateful.

I am grateful for all of my brothers and sisters...meaning the whole world. I learn so much as I contact individuals on the streets. They all have such unique views on life, God, experiences, etc. I learn from each person and it really is incredible how much good there is on the earth. One man last night taught me a lot about love. He had a few crazy ideas, but he really emphasized the importance of love. I LOVE this Gospel. I love each of you. I love my Savior. I pray that you can each pray for and act upon the promptings you have to share your love for others. This can come in the form of missionary work, service, smiling, writing a note, giving a hug, etc. I found out at church yesterday that one of my best friends in the ward here is going through a difficult trial and I can definitely relate. I actually struggled to work last night because I could feel her pain and it overwhelmed me to the point of tears. We, as humans, are all separate beings, but we can be connected if we will allow ourselves to be. The Spirit will bridge the gaps between our weaknesses and shortcomings and allow us to be unified. If we ask with a sincere heart and do everything we know to be pure, Heavenly Father will allow us to see His children through His eyes. We are each others angels, and I have witnessed that multiple times on my mission. I don't know if any of that made sense, but those are just some of my scattered thoughts. It's hard to write in words the things that the Spirit teaches you.

Have a wonderful week! May God be with you all as you give Him your heart and your will to follow Him. I love you all!

Love,
Sister Barton :)

No comments:

Post a Comment