Tuesday, February 15, 2011

February 15, 2011.

Happy Valentine's Day!!!!!!!!

From the e-mails I have received, it sounds like it was a great day down in the states! :) It was good here too. I even got flowers (okay, so they were from my mission president's wife, but still...:D). Wow, where did last week go? Where are all of the weeks going? I don't have much time to write about my whole week, but I will start from Saturday. Saturday was a miracle day! First of all, Sister Brack and I went to the dentist. It was a dental hygene/assistant school and on that particular day it was free, so the mission scheduled appointments for the missionaries. We were there nearly three hours because of the long wait. After lunch we had a lesson with a boy named Navdeep. We met him earlier last week and he said that he had been to church once last year. We taught him the first lesson and committed him to be baptized on March 6. The Spirit was present and it was so great. Saturday night, we met with a boy named Rivon. Some of the elders talked to him at a bus stop earlier that week and referred him to us. We ended up teaching Rivon and his mom, Dena, about the restoration and the Book of Mormon. The lesson was so amazing. They both committed to come to church, read the Book of Mormon, pray, and be baptized (not on a specific date yet). Sister Brack and I went home and felt like we were in the clouds. There was a possibility of seven people coming to church (to our ward and to others' wards) due to much of our efforts (and the Holy Ghost of course).

Our highs of Saturday soon turned to our lows of Sunday. The first phone call in the morning was Shantel saying that she was sick and couldn't come to church. Our ward mission leader found rides for Rivon and Navdeep and spoke to both of them. They both said they wanted to come. After that, he tried calling each of them again and there was no answer. I guess the person giving the rides didn't go to pick them up because they weren't answering the phone. We had no investigators at church, but it was still a great Sabbath. One of the Ap's investigators that we had taught a couple of times was baptized after church, so that was great. One of the best parts of the day was learning that one of our investigators, Rina, went to church in one of the Brampton wards. We are teaching an older lady until we can pass her off to the Elders (sometimes Sisters can get into homes easier than Elders, so the Elders asked if we would teach her). She is AMAZING and has been looking for a church for 25 years. She is about half-way done with the Book of Mormon in less than two weeks. We will be going to teach her tomorrow and I can hardly wait to hear how she liked church.

The other best part about Sunday was that I got to see all of the sister missionaries and spend time with them. It was so much fun. We laughed so hard. We went out to eat yesterday. We got to spend a lot of time with Sister Brower too. I cannot believe Sister Olsen and Sister Rigby go home in less than two weeks. That is so strange. Two new sisters are coming out though, so that will be exciting.

The best news of last week is that my sister Julie had her sweet little baby! I love him already and it's hard to believe that he will be almost a year old when I get home! I am so happy for their little family. Have a wonderful week! Trust in the Lord. Heavenly Father gives you specific experiences in your life at specific times to teach you specific lessons :) Trust in Him through the good times and the hard times! I love you all!

Sister Barton

No comments:

Post a Comment