Wednesday, January 5, 2011

January 3, 2011.

Happy NEW YEAR!!!!!!!

How was the celebration down in America? Honestly, I don't even remember what I did on New Year's Eve. Haha. That's the life of a missionary. I know we came in early and Sister Olsen crashed on her bed. I stayed up studying or...oh yes, I was catching up on my journal writing and it took about two hours because there were so many miracles this week! Okay, backing up. I went out to breakfast with Sister Brower, and sisters Olsen, Stanbrough, and Rigby on Wednesday morning. Then Sister Olsen and I drove to London, my new area! I love it here. It is beautiful and the people are very kind. Sister Olsen and I have been so blessed to teach so many lessons to people on their door steps. I am loving tracting again. Brampton and Kitchener are strictly contacting areas and I miss knocking on doors. While tracting, you can learn so much from your companion as well because there is more time together (sometimes when contacting, you separate and talk to many people). We found two new investigators that are both Muslim. Both of them have agreed to read the Book of Mormon. I am excited to go back and teach them more. In our first lesson with Essam, the Spirit was so strong. He could feel it and he knew it was from God. There were countless times this week when the Holy Ghost spoke through Sister Olsen or myself. We learned so much from the Spirit as we bore testimony.

Now I shall talk about my amazing companion, Sister Olsen. She is an angel, literally. She is charitable, loving, selfless, etc. She truly does see every person as her brother or sister. We are all brothers and sisters but sometimes it's hard for us to realize that. Just imagine...all of us, every person on your street, everyone you work with, everyone at the grocery store, we knew each other before this life! We are all brothers and sisters. Sometimes we think too lightly about that. Some experiences I have had along those lines have been incredible here in London. I have had many people say "Do I know you? You look so familiar. Have we met before?" Truth is, yes we have, but it was before coming to this earth. Our Heavenly Family is amazing! I have learned more about it in the past week than ever before and my eternity is changed because of it.

The ward here in London is incredible. Families get together and do activities and everyone is friends. I want my future family ward to be like that. It invites the Spirit more abundantly into the building. I want you all to know that I love my Savior, Jesus Christ. He is closer than we sometimes think. I am so grateful for this time we have on earth to develop faith in Him and our Father in Heaven. This is going to be the greatest year of our lives :) Are you all ready? :) Turn to the Lord in all you do!

I love you all!
Sister Barton :)

No comments:

Post a Comment