Monday, November 28, 2011

November 28, 2011.

Greetings to all!!!
I can hardly believe that this is my last e-mail as a missionary! It seems as if I was just home packing up my stuff to come here and now I get to pack to go home. There isn't much time to think about it now because we found out this morning that Cataraqui is closing and we have to get the apartment ready to be vacant for a while. Sister Braithwaite is opening Guelph with Sister Yi (my mission baby!). That will be way fun. There are eight new sisters coming so most of the sisters in the mission will have been out for a transfer or less! The Lord's work moves forward! I am going to Belleville tomorrow evening and working there all day Wednesday with Sister Brandley (MTC companion) before we drive to the mission home. I think we are staying at a hotel Wednesday and Thursday nights. There are many people going home with me so that will be fun to see all of them.
We met with Barbara last week and had a good lesson about the Atonement. She said she was coming to church and then didn't come, so we're not sure what happened yet. We need to call her. Now she will have to be passed off to the Elders who now cover both of the branches in Kingston. I also have bittersweet news about Danielle. The bitter part is that we are not teaching her anymore. BUT the Spirit confirmed to me during her lesson that it was not time for her to be baptized. She has an amazing family and they are so strong. She feels that because it is only her going to church right now, it is putting space between she and her family. At first, I almost cried and I thought to myself "It is always the right time because it's the right Church." But as I sat there, I eventually felt the confirmation of the Spirit saying that everything would be okay and that she is just preparing to accept the fulness of the Gospel at some future time. She still believes that this is the true Church and will continue reading the Book of Mormon. We are going to her house tomorrow and I am so excited. I am grateful for modern-day technology that will allow us to stay in contact with each other. I love her.
So it was a rough week as far as eating goes. We not only had meal appointments everyday, there were TWO evenings when we ended up having to eat two dinners. The first was on American Thanksgiving. We were supposed to go to the branch president's house at 12:30 pm, but then he changed it to 4:00 pm. We also had a dinner at 6:00 pm but we didn't want to cancel one, so we geared ourselves up, ate a small lunch, and tried to eat a small amount. THEN on Saturday, we were in the farthest away area from our house and called a member to ask if we could drop by. We showed up 15 minutes later and there was a full meal prepared. It was 5:00 pm and we had a meal appointment at 6:30 pm. Oh boy. I was a long drive home for Sister Braithwaite and me.
I finished the Book of Mormon and also gave a small talk in Sacrament this week. I love this Gospel. It is the only way to truly progress in this life. It is the REASON for life. I'm grateful for the opportunities that our loving Heavenly Father gives us to grow. He definitely puts us through the refiner's fire at times, but it is all worth it. I know that the priesthood has been restored to the earth. It is God's power on the earth today and when used in righteousness, it heals both body and spirit. I will end with a scripture that has great meaning for me at this time and will forever in my life:
3 Nephi 5:13
"Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of Him to declare His word among His people, that they might have everlasting life."
My work and calling does not end here. We ALL have a great work to do, hallelujah for that. Have a fantastic week and I am SO EXCITED to see many of you soon! I LOVE YOU ALL!
Love,
Sister Barton
P.S. I did have pictures but then I accidentally deleted the draft that I put them on :( Sad. Guess you'll just have to see them next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment