Monday, November 21, 2011

November 21, 2011.

Hello Family and Friends!!!
I don't have time to make up a fancy title, so there you go :) This week was great and one of the highlights is that Danielle came to church for the first time!!!!! Yay! She came by herself and stayed for all three meetings. It just happened to be the annual primary program during Sacrament Meeting, so that was fun. And Sister Braithwaite and I taught the Relief Society lesson on the Millennium, which was fun. I think Danielle enjoyed it overall, but we did hit a little bump when on the phone last night she expressed to us some of her feelings about church. I think she was just expecting to feel the same way she does in our fun, spiritual lessons at her house. There were definitely moments like that at church, but I think it would have been nice to prepare her for the fact that church is just a little more of a serious environment. We will meet with her again on Friday and will hopefully be able to resolve her concerns. The most important thing is that she gains a testimony of the truthfulness of the restoration of the gospel through the Book of Mormon and prayer. If she knows that this truly is Christ's Church, then it won't matter what is said or what the people are like at church (although it is important that the members of the Church strive to stand as examples of Christ). So hopefully things are still looking up there! I sang in the Kingston Branch's Sacrament Meeting yesterday as well, so it was a very busy Sunday!
We have a meeting tonight with a potential investigator named Barbara who we met tracting a couple of weeks ago. She seems pretty promising, so I am looking forward to that.
Well, this may seem short, but time is short as well! I hope you all have a fantastic week and enjoy THANKSGIVING!!! Oh yeah, I almost forgot about that! Well, we got invited for dinner by the branch president since he is American, so that will be fun. I am so GRATEFUL for each of you in my life! I feel so blessed.
I love you!
Sister Barton

No comments:

Post a Comment