Monday, November 14, 2011

November 14, 2011.

Hello Hello!
It is surprisingly warm up here in moose-land (by the way, I have never seen a moose here) and has been all month. Hopefully I will be able to escape the snow, although I will probably go right to it in Utah. Which brings me to my first item of business :).....Although I would never want to stop letters coming, I just want to let everyone know that it's probably best not to write any more letters (not that I'm going anywhere...), but if you want to, you can still e-mail. I just don't want to chance anything getting left here.
This week was incredible. First of all, we had dinner appointments nearly every day, which is always great ;). On Friday, the Kingston and Cataraqui branches had a Santa's Workshop Relief Society night where we all made Christmas crafts. Sister Braithwaite and I had fun making the craft we signed up for and visiting with many of the members. It is exciting to start feeling the Christmas spirit. The best part of the week was Saturday night when we met with our investigator Danielle. We were able to bring the perfect member for Danielle to fellowship, which was an answer to many prayers. I was determined that no matter what happened in the lesson, we weren't leaving until we had extended an invitation to be baptized on a specific date. Although we left the lesson a little late, we committed Danielle to be baptized on January 8th!!!!!!!! She is so amazing and I learn so much from her. She knows that what we say is true because she feels the Spirit. She says how she loves that we really mean what we say. After leaving her house, my heart was so full I didn't even know what to do with myself. I felt the true, pure joy of missionary work. I actually had the burning feeling in my heart of the Spirit for so long that I couldn't sleep all night! I am grateful for the miracles that come about when we are simply doing the Lord's work in the Lord's way. Teaching the gospel of Jesus Christ has been one of the great lights of my life.
Our zone did a study this week from the Book of Mormon on the different tactics that Satan uses to lead others astray. It was really neat to read a different chapter each day (Alma 1, Alma 30, Alma 31, Alma 47, 2 Nephi 28) and to recognize the ways that Satan worked back in the ancient times and the way he continues to work today. While we do want to focus on what is good and light, it is important to recognize the ways of the adversary so when temptation comes into our lives, we will be able to overcome it. We have the power and we are strong enough with Christ by our side to fight off any evil that comes our way.
That's about it for today. We are in search of more souls to bring unto Christ! We've had some good conversations with people at their doors, and some not so good hehe. But we push on to spread forth the truth. It's a glorious battle we are all in, especially since we all know who will conquer :) Have a wonderful week!!!!!
I love you all!
Sister Barton :)

No comments:

Post a Comment