Tuesday, July 12, 2011

July 11, 2011.

Aloha friends and family!

It's been one of those weeks that has been super busy, but I can't think of anything to write haha. Well, to update you on my investigators...We have stopped teaching Emily because she isn't interested. She is feeling like coming closer to God isn't a priority at this time in her life, but maybe later. Um....NOW is the time she needs it. But alas, everyone has their agency. Karey is still being baptized on July 24th, although I'm not sure why she didn't come to church yesterday. I couldn't focus all during church because I was wondering where she was. We'll try calling her again today and hope that everything is alright. Andris returned on Saturday from his week-long stay in the States. It was so good to see him at church and we are meeting with him tonight. He has been reading "A Marvelous Work and a Wonder." Susan...I don't even know. She hasn't returned our phone calls or texts and she didn't come to church, so she is off the map for now. Andris and Karey are solid though and now we just need to commit Andris to "enter in by the way," a.k.a be baptized!

On Monday, we went to Sister Fuller's (former Jenner) to spend some time with her and watch a church DVD. She made us this cute cake because it was Independence Day! It's a very simple idea and it's so cute. Yummy too!

I got mail on Friday at District Meeting and got a birthday package from Alex (who leaves on her mission in 16 days! AHH!). Yesterday, for church, I wore the cute scarf she got me. It's too hot to wear even fashion scarves outside right now, so I figured church would be a good time to wear it.

Happy Birthday to one of my best friends and former companion, Danielle Olsen this Saturday! I love you!

Funny story from tracting yesterday: We knocked on a door and a little girl (well, Sister Yi thinks it's a boy because of the short hair, so I don't know if it was a boy or a girl) came running to see who it was. Her dad opened the door and as soon as he found out who we were, he quickly said "Oh, sorry, I can't talk right now. I've got to go get my baby because she can't be left alone." I told him to have a nice day and as we walked away, I heard the little girl say "We don't have a baby!" I can laugh about it now, but I was pretty upset that a father just taught his child that it is okay to lie. Our children will not have standards if we ourselves do not have them. Just sayin...
Have a wonderful week this week! Always remember what is most important and prioritize your lives accordingly. Share your talents. Develop a new talent. And be HAPPY! :) I love you all!
Love,
Sister Barton :)

No comments:

Post a Comment