Tuesday, October 11, 2011

October 11, 2011.

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving!
Sister Hodgkin and I were sick most of the day yesterday so we spent the day inside and then we had a very interesting member appointment where we went to chinatown for dinner. Chinese food for Thanksgiving? Strange. There were only two bugs in the food though, which is better than the hairs in the viatnamese restaurant from a couple weeks ago. It was a great week with a few fun events. It was Sister Hodgkin's year mark on October 6th. I have never had a companion have a birthday on my mission, so I decided to celebrate her "birth"day (when she was "born" into the mission). It was a tender mercy from the Lord that she had to sleep longer due to being sick, so I could quietly decorate the apartment and make breakfast. I wrote her a cute card. She was confused when she came out of the bedroom and I shouted "Happy Birthday!" But then I explained it to her and she was so surprised. Even she had forgotten it was her year mark.




We got to go to the temple on Friday which was so amazing! I don't think my smile left my face the whole time we were inside. It was so peaceful and it felt so great to be dressed in all white again.

We almost had a new investigator and a baptismal date for the end of the month. Her name is Joanne and she has been wanting missionaries to teach her for months. We got permission to go teach her even though she is barely out of our area. We had a great lesson with her and she is totally prepared, but we then found out that we didn't have approval to continue teaching her, so we have to pass her off to the elders in her area. We also taught a couple of investigator lessons this week for other missionaries' investigators because they were busy. So we are definitely doing the work, but just not for our own area haha. At least these people are getting taught, which is all that really matters.

Random thoughts:
I also attached a picture of the downtown Toronto church building. It was built in 1938 (I think) and is one of the oldest LDS Church buildings in Ontario. It's pretty neat.


A bug crawled into my scripture bag in an appointment and when the member told me it was a cockroach, I almost passed out. Gross. I was paranoid the rest of the appointment because I felt like cockroaches were going to crawl on me! We had a mission president fireside on Sunday at the Stake Center and it was neat to hear the testimonies of a few recent converts.




That's about it for today. It's the last week of the transfer, but I am hoping to stay in Toronto. I'm not sure why I would move, unless Heavenly Father has something else in store for me.


We'll find out next week! You are all amazing and I hope you have a wonderful week! Stay strong and true to what you know is right!!!!

Love you all!
Sister Barton :)

No comments:

Post a Comment