Monday, September 26, 2011

September 26, 2011.




Aloha!
My thoughts today will probably be very scattered since I don't feel like any big events happened this week. Sister Hodgkin and I have a teaching pool of zero right now so we are working to find more people to teach. I am SO excited for General Conference this week. I loved th Relief Society broadcast on Saturday and feel like President Uchtdorf's talk was just for me (I'm sure many people thought that!). I am going to print it off today and study it. Sister Hodgkin and I made homemade bread and already ate a whole loaf (they are small loaves) since last night hahaha. Woops. We are going to the Royal Ontario Museum today and that will be fun. I'm not quite sure what to expect, but we're excited. I highlighted Sister Hodgkin's hair and it looks really good. I felt like a professional hahaha. It was fun.

We ate at a Vietnamese restaurant with a member and Sister Hodgkin and I took a picture of the little bowl holding the gross parts of the food we didn't want to eat, such as beef tendon and cow lung (ew!). We also took this neat picture of a rooster on the window with the CN tower in the background.

Sister Hodgkin and I have made really good friends with a man who owns a new gelato shop near our apartment called "Artegelato." It's the best gelato in the city (someone told us haha). The owner's name is Sebastian and he always teases us to make sure we are getting home ontime. He's from southern Italy and I told him my mom went on her mission there. We have good gospel conversations. He gave us a box of free cookies, although we tried to resist :)
I was reading Alma 30 the past few days about Korihor, the antiChrist. It was amazing to read it at this time because almost everything Korihor says is something I have heard on my mission. I am realizing that one way of likening the scriptures to ourselves is being able to testify like the ancient prophets. Yes, we all need our own testimonies, but the way they sometimes testify to others is powerful. Next time somebody tells me that I cannot prove that there is a God, I am going to say as Alma did: "And now what evidence have ye that there is no God, or that Christ cometh not? I say unto you that ye have none, save it be your word only. But behold, I have all things as a testimony that these things are true...all things denote that there is a God." It's true! There is no proof that there is no God, but there is endless evidence that He lives and loves us very much! I am so grateful for that knowledge.

This week we have the opportunity to hear from a prophet of the Lord and His apostles. How blessed we are! I know that Heavenly Father has individual messages to deliver to each of us through His servants' words. Go to conference with questions and with a willingness to do whatever the Lord asks of you. I know that we have much to learn in this life and that as we obey the Lord's words, as given through His prophet, we will receive the guidance that will keep us on the straight and narrow path to eternal life.

I love you all very much and pray that you will have a wonderful week! Enjoy the beginning of fall! I hear that the leaves are beautiful in Utah. The leaves haven't changed here, but hopefully they will soon. Happy Autumn!
Love,
Sister Barton :)

No comments:

Post a Comment