Thursday, April 28, 2011

April 26, 2011.

Hello from foggy Burlington!

How is everyone? One of the greatest parts about this week is that I am an aunt again!!!!! WAHOO!!!!! My brother and sister-in-law had a little boy on Easter and he is so cute (I've seen a few pictures). I will miss holding him, but it will be fun to see him when I get home. It was a good week this week. Our investigator, Pinky, came to church for the first time on Sunday. We met with her earlier in the week and she made sudza (african food - I had it twice in North Bay) for us. I want to attempt to make it sometime soon because it is really fun.

It was Stake Conference and the speakers were so amazing. We got to attend the Saturday night session in Hamilton because all of the missionaries in the zone sang "Called to Serve," which was very powerful. I took lots of good notes and learned so much. Sunday morning we were able to watch Stake Conference in Burlington via broadcast! President and Sister Brower spoke. After conference, we had a baptism of 8-year-old Alex. We have taught his family a couple of times. I sang "He Leadeth Me" (the same song I sang at my niece Jessica's baptism a few years ago) and there were lots of people there. He looked so cute in his little white tux.

I had an appointment with a family last night whom I met for the first time. I learned so much from the Father. That is one thing I love about a mission...learning from each person we meet. We talked about the resurrection and atonement of Jesus Christ. This brother brought this insight: many people in the world focus on the physical pain of Christ during the Atonement. They focus on His death, the nails in His hands, the crown of thorns, and the cross He was nailed to. They focus on these things because they do not fully comprehend the spiritual part of the Atonement. The spiritual suffering was far greater than the physical. When we understand why Christ performed the Atonement and suffered for our pains, weaknesses, and sins, then we can look forward to the crowning event of His resurrection. We do not focus on the death of Christ. We focus on the living Christ, the Master, the Savior, our Redeemer. He lives and because He lives, we will all live again. I know this is true. Pray to comprehend this spiritual meaning of the Atonement and your life and priorities will be transformed.

Have a wonderful week! Remember who you are, have fun, and act as Christ would act :)

I love you all,
Sister Barton

P.S. Here is a picture of Sister Cheng and me after getting cupcakes from a bake sale. Three girls were selling cupcakes for "the sick kids in Hamilton" and one of them was wearing a bunny costume, so of course we had to contribute :)


No comments:

Post a Comment