Tuesday, April 12, 2011

April 11, 2011.



Bring on the sunshine!

It is the warmest day of the year so far and it feels great! Time to pack away all of those huge skirts hahaha. Well, it's been a great week. Tuesday night we taught one of our investigators named Noel. There were lots of people there. Noel lives with a member and they have two other roommates. We brought our friend Margeaux from the ward who will put her mission papers in soon! One of Noel's roommates is deaf and I was able to sign much of the lesson to him (I took two years of American Sign Language in high school). That was really neat. I couldn't remember most signs, so I would fingerspell the word and John would tell me the sign. It was so much fun. I tried to teach John how to pray, gave him an example, and then asked if he understood. He didn't :( He isn't really accountable and that's why we aren't teaching him. But it was still great to be able to teach him a little bit about God, even if he doesn't fully comprehend all of it.
Wednesday was one of the hardest days of my mission. I don't really want to go into it because I'm trying to forget it. Let's just say that we met a very unkind lady. Sometimes when people are mean I can just shrug it off. But sometimes, it hurts. It's not that I believe anything she said, but that doesn't mean it isn't hard. The rest of the evening I found it hard to even talk to anyone because I was so scared of meeting another not so kind person, but of course I buckled down and did it anyway. Right before we went in for the night, the miracle came. The main point is that my loving Heavenly Father placed an angel in my path and I felt His love for me, which took away the pain. We were about to knock on a door when we saw a man across the street. We went over and said hello. I wasn't even intending to talk about the church, I just wanted to say hi. He walked over to us and began a conversation. Nothing about the church came up, but it was incredible. He told me "I know you have had a really hard day today and that people haven't been very kind, but don't worry. Keep going! Don't listen to them." He continued and tears filled my eyes. Heavenly Father is very aware of each one of His children. If you think you are among the crowd and He doesn't know you, then get on your knees and pray until you feel his infinite love surround you. That man was sent to me from God. I didn't ask for a miracle, but God knew I needed him at that time. There is no way he could have known the words to say by himself. He treated us like real people (I know, sometimes hard to believe that missionaries are real people! :D) and was so kind. I will never forget him.

On a funny note, we knocked on a man's door on Thursday and he said something so funny. He opened the door and said "You can go away; Lucifer doesn't like you!" HA! Thank you, sir, for stating the obvious. It was actually quite a compliment. I'm glad he doesn't like me, that means I am doing something right! ;)


Sandy got BAPTIZED! His baptism was after church yesterday. It was so wonderful. It was fairly short, but powerful. He is an amazing individual and has truly been guided and prepared his whole life. I'm so grateful I can be here at this time. I am excited for him to get confirmed this Sunday and receive the greatest gift, the Holy Ghost.

Thank you all for being amazing. I love my Savior and am so blessed to be able to testify of Him each day. Have a wonderful week!

Love you all!
Love,
Sister Barton :)

No comments:

Post a Comment