Monday, October 18, 2010

October 18, 2010.

Hello Family and Friends!!!!!

What a great week! I learned a lot and am continuing to learn each day. I just wanted to touch on a couple of experiences that I had this week. My testimony of prayer was strengthened on Friday. Sister Evanson and I had a late dinner and we also left the apartment about 15 minutes later than expected. As we prayed before we left, I asked Heavenly Father to place someone in our path that we can help and share the Gospel with. We were not even at the end of our street when my prayer was answered. Sister Evanson was making a phone call and a guy was walking by. I said hello and introduced myself to him. He was probably around my age and his name was Nathan. He proceeded to tell Sister Evanson and myself that he was on his way to the hospital (the mental hospital) because he was not at a good state. He didn't know what to do with his life anymore. His girlfriend broke up with him and he just felt that as much as he tried to please everyone around him, he wasn't the person they all wanted him to be. He was sad, angry, confused, and lost. He was laughing a little because he couldn't believe that he ran into us right as he was on his way to get help at the hospital. We walked with him over to a curb under a street light and sat down. We began talking about faith in Jesus Christ and how Christ knew what he was going through. I didn't have much to say, but when I did talk, I knew it wasn't my own words. I told Nathan that he is priceless in Heavenly Father's eyes and that He loves him so much. We told Nathan that he can find peace and healing through Jesus Christ. We gave him a Book of Mormon and committed him to pray. We prayed with him and just pleaded for Heavenly Father to comfort him. This was an amazing experience. Heavenly Father knew where Sister Evanson and I were and He was leading us. He loves us, each one of us, and wants to guide us in our lives. He does know what is best and the only way we can truly know is if we turn to Him.

My testimony of the Holy Ghost as a warning voice was also strengthened. Sister Evanson and I were in a pretty scary situation (if you want details, ask me) yesterday. We felt the Holy Ghost warning us with a still, small voice and when we didn't listen right away, He got right in my ear and yelled "Leave NOW!" So we left. We called President Brower after the experience and he told us that angels were watching out for us. How grateful I am for the gift of the Holy Ghost. It is worth everything to me. I couldn't live without Him.

I cannot believe that transfers are already this coming Sunday! I want to stay in North Bay another transfer, but everyone thinks I am going to leave. I will go where the Lord wants me to go, but I definitely wouldn't mind staying with Sister Evanson again. We have a very busy week this week with at least 11 appointments already scheduled. Because there is a chance that I may leave North Bay, if any of you are sending letters this week, make sure you send it to the mission office and I will get it in a few weeks. I will be speaking about missionary work in sacrament meeting this Sunday and am excited to get started on my preparation. I hope you all have a wonderful week! Always remember that Heavenly Father loves you and His angels are around you to "bear you up" (D&C 84:88). You are amazing!

Love you all!
Love,
Sister Barton :)

No comments:

Post a Comment